Sunday, April 12, 2009

A wonderful evening of photography - Forresters & Central Coast

Well last Friday was the full moon and I was keen to get out. I went up to Central Coast with Kajo and we had a fantastic evening shooting 3 Central coast locations in ideal conditions.

Check out this video which will give you a taste of our evening (you can see of our light painting at the end.)


I thought I'd talk about one of my light painting shots and explain how it was captured.


Light Painting Some Unusual Rocks

This shot is called "Light Painting Some Unusual Rocks"... (pretty creative title eh?)

From a light painting perspective this is a pretty straight forward affair. First frame I laid down my "stage" or base shot. I used a 4 min exposure to capture the clouds wooshing past.


Second shot was a 30 second exposure where I was painting with my fluoro light.

In photoshop I combined the two images into the final.

If you want more information on how I did this, then I suggest you check out my eBook.

More later

Brent

8 comments:

Kajo said...

Haha that is a funny video. Good job on editing it. Now I know what you mean with "house chores" :)

I had heaps of fun, thanks again for showing me this piece of paradise!

Alex W said...

Great clip and shots guys!

Johnno said...

Thanks for sharing this.

It sounds and looks like it was a very productive and enjoyable shoot.

I wish I was there!

Even better, it looks like the tide and sky were both on your side that night.

As for why Kajo was wading in the water, "because he can".

Scott Maxworthy said...

Great stuff, thanks for the video, understand how time consuming all that can be.

Ilya Genkin said...

Very nice photos - the entire series!!!

PhotoVigor said...

Great job...thanks for sharing..

Adam Cavanagh said...

Great information. Thanks for sharing

Jeremy said...

Very cool work you're doing with the layering of light painting effects in PS. Digging it!